Saturday, June 4, 2011

Book Review:The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

When I started hearing about how good the Forest of Hands and Teeth was I had to get the book and read it. I thought it would be the best book ever, I'd heard so many good things about it.
When I finally got around to reading the book I was completely captivated by Mary and her dysfunctional family and world. Later, though, the book started to get too many boring spots. It went exciting, boring, exciting, boring, exciting, boring, etc. I would have to say I expected more from the book.
The characters in this book were definitely intrusting to say the least. I loved the fact that Mary(the main character) was fearless and determined to do what she felt was right. She always wanted the imposable which made her successful. Travis and Harry were good characters but they didn't do anything special for me. Jed and Jacob were great. Just great. Cass was annoying and a little bit stuck up in my opinion. Just a little bit. Sister Tabitha scared me but was definitely a well crafted character.
Overall I give this book a -B.

No comments:

Post a Comment